Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:OTB forumOTB Forum: EMG-USB2+Device settings
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Device settings

Hi,
I am using the EMG USB2+ to obtain HDsEMG signals from one input channel. I set the settings on the EMG device for filter 10-500Hz and gain depending on the participant/ task (usually 1000). Is there a document that explains all the parameters stored in the .otb file? When I converted the file to Matlab, I found the settings shown in the figure below. However, the gain and filter settings don't match the settings I've used for the measurements. So I am not sure if these are the correct settings to look at, or if I need to save the settings on the EMG device before taking the measurements?

Thank you!

Uploaded files:
  • Capture.PNG

Hi Patricia,

If you copy-paste your file and change its extension to ".zip" or ".tar" you should be able to extract it. Inside the archive you should find an .xml file with the same name of the .sig file (contained in the archive too) and containing the same parameters of the export tables. I expect them to be same as your acquisition but it could happens that the exported settings are taken from a different layer (adapter later instead of device layer for example). Can you share a file with so I can investigate it more?

Simone

Hi Simone,

thank you for your reply. I've checked the xml files and the gain and filter settings are gain: 500, LP: 130, HP: 10. However, when we recorded the signals, the gain was set to 1000, LP: 500, HP: 10. As you said, these might be the adapter information but I can't find the information for the device settings. I've attached an example .otb+ file.

Thank you very much

Patricia

Uploaded files:

Hi Patricia,

I don't have an EMG-USB2+ in the office but I tested it with an old EMG-USB. Unfortunately the exported information seems to be lowest available gain of the device so I suggest to not rely on them. The software doesn't compensate the gain so you should change the gain accordingly to your setting at line 36 of OpenOTBFile script if you don't want to see the gain amplification in value.

Simone