Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Quattrocento flashing when aquiring intramuscular EMG signal

Hello,

We are using the Quattrocento,AD8x2JD to acquire intramuscular EMG signal. When we are acquiring through OTbiolab+, connected by PC via Ethernet port, we find that the liquid crystal display sometimes flashes. the acquiring also stops during the flashing. We have tried using different ethernet line, but this phenominen happens from time to time.The signals will have large vibration after the flashing, which make the signal low quality. How can we solve this problem?

Uploaded files:
  • device-flashing.gif
  • signal-example.jpg

Dear Kang,

What I see from the gif looks like the same behavior the device has when it turns ON. So, my suspect is that it keeps turning on and off repeatedly. Is the power line connection stable? Have you experienced problem with battery?

Simone

Dear Simone,

We use the "battery when acquiring" for analog supply when we use the device. And we supply the device only with USB-B connector when acquiring signals.  But, when I test the problem today,I find that it happens very often when the battery is full. But when the battery level is below about 80%, it does not turn on and off anymore. Is it possible that overcharging the battery could be causing the problem?

Dear Kang,

Can you try to switch from ""battery when acquiring" to "always from external"? I'd like to check if something change in this way. In any case I'd exclude the overcharging as a problem.
Can you contact me by mail at s.posella@otbioelettronica.it ? I nothing works we can organize a repair